Episode 16: One Less Thing
Now that HP’s WebOS is going away, we all have one less thing to worry about!! (for better or worse) We discussed that, among a bunch of other things, with John Wolters (@jochenwolters) who stopped by for another AWESOME guest appearance before he headed back to Germany. Since we all end up having too much fun and talking for hours, we decided to make it an “all news” show to avoid filling up everyone’s hard drive (mission accomplished!). Give it a listen and leave a comment or two telling us what you think.
- Steve & Ron
Episode 16 Show Notes
- Apple’s Overloaded iPhone Button
- List of more than 13 actions the home button accomplishes on the iPhone
- Here are two I didn’t even know about:
- When in Force Quit Apps mode (minus icons visible on active apps list), pressing the home button exits the mode.
- On any app, hold the power button until the “off” slider shows, let go, then hold home button until App is “killed”.
- Adaptive Path iPad app available!
- Google Chrome tip when developing web apps
- Most apps have a logged-in and logged-out state, when developing, annoying switching between these states constantly.
- When logged into a web app and you need to check what a page looks like to the public (in the logged-out state), simply open a new Chrome window in Incognito mode. This will create a completely fresh browser session with no saved cookies, allowing you to see exactly what is publicly visible.
- Keyboard shortcuts:
- Mac OS X: ?-Shift-N
- Windows: Ctrl-Shift-N
- Mobile Apps Beat the Mobile Web For Android Users
Social Media Minute – Nick Armstrong
- For the listeners of Einstein & Sock Monkey, Audible is offering a free audiobook download with a free 14-day trial to give you a chance to check out their service.
- My audible pick this episode is:
- “The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less” by Barry Schwartz
- To download your free audiobook today go to http://www.audibletrial.com/einstein
- Ron: http://thinkvitamin.com/category/web-apps/
- John: http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/
- Steve: A List Apart: http://www.alistapart.com/
- We’re now on iTunes!
- Download us on iTunes
- Rate or make a comment
- Ron Zasadzinski
- Steve Martin
- Jochen Wolters
- Nick Armstrong
- Josh Mulligan